Ikona wyboru języka English
Jakość powietrza
Stopień jakości powietrza Dobra
Legenda
  Bardzo dobra
  Dobra
  Umiarkowana
  Brak danych
  Dostateczna
  Zła
  Bardzo zła
tabelka scrollowana
Czujniki GIOŚ NO2 CO O3 SO2
ul. Sienkiewicza   3.46   337.97   81.38   2.02
PM2.5 PM10
ul. Sienkiewicza   -   23.86
Czujniki o mniejszej dokładności:
Kamieniec   14.03   18.07
Józefa Piłsudskiego   12.52   16.43
Wszystkie odczyty podawane są w µg/m3
Partner: Partner
Pon. 26.08 14:00
Zachmurzenie
26° / 15° pochmurno z przejaśnieniami
Wt. 14:00
Zachmurzenie
27°
Śr. 14:00
Słonecznie
27°
Czw. 14:00
Zachmurzenie
27°
Pt. 14:00
Zachmurzenie
27°
Sob. 11:00
Słonecznie
25°
Zdjęcie promujące Zakopane

Red Mansion 


THE RED MANsion

"The Red Mansion", located in the heart of Zakopane at Kasprusie street (leading to Strążyska Valley), is one of the most beautiful and important villas in Zakopane. It was built in years 1901-1902 by Wojciech Roj, a close associate of Stanisław Witkacy, for Oktawia Lewandowska, sister of Zygmunt Gnatowski, owner of "Koliba" which was designed by Stanisław Witkiewicz. The villa was initially named "Władysławka" from the O. Lewandowska's husband's name.

In 1904 Artur Rubinstein lived in here. Stefan Żeromski spent the first years of World War I here. Here is also where the "Zakopane Belvedere" was held in november 1918, when Żeromski led Zakopane National Council and was being called the "President of Zakopane Republic". Here is where the famous composer, Karol Szymanowski, lived in building's annex and was visted regularly by Staniwsław Ignacy Witkiewicz and their mutual friend, Artur Rubinstein. Among other regulars were Zofia Nałkowska, Piotr and Rafał Malczewski, Zbigniew Uniłowski, Henryk Sztompka and many others from the world of culture.

Somewhere in the middle of 1920s the villa was bought by miss de Pourbeix-Zakrzewska who covered the roof with red plate and renamed the place to "Red Mansion". This name was kept to this day.

After the end of the World War II, the building was overtaken and redesigned for educational purposes. In years 1946-1947 it became a youth shelter and then it was tranformed to Cracov Worker Association of Friends to Childrens' preventorium and to National Child Care for boys. From 1951 to 2016 the villa operated as kindergarten which from 1954 had Karol Szymanowski as its patron.

In 2016 the building was designed as cultural local art center by the Mayor of Zakopane, Leszek Dorula's decision. Since then, podhalan art exhibitions, folk workshops and lectures are being held in Red Gallery. There is where you can find traditional glass paintings made by Zakopane artists.

Contact

Red Manor

Kasprusie 27 st.
34-500 Zakopane
tel. +48 661 601 651
e-mail: czerwonydwor@zck.com.pl
Małgorzata Wonuczka-Wnuk

contact

Zdjęcie promujące artykuł

Red Mansion Villa


Kasprusie 27 st.
34-500 Zakopane
phone +48 661 601 651 
e-mail: czerwonydwor@zck.com.pl
Małgorzata Wonuczka-Wnuk
Maria Frączysta


Red Mansion:   Facebook

Workshops:   Facebook