The gallery is located in the Halica house, built around 1880.
Jerzy Andrzej Gruszczyński, known as ‘Juras’, son of Włodzimierz, was a professor of architecture, founder of the Department of Landscape Design, and Helena Pilarska, an athlete (FIS 1939). Born in 1949 in Krakow, he is a graduate of the Secondary School of Music in the double bass class and in the jazz class. Then he graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. He studied at the Faculty of Industrial Design in the field of visual communication, design methodology (diploma with Professor Andrzej Pawłowski). Since childhood, he’s been associated with Zakopane via his home Halica on Skibówki, where he has lived permanently since 1975 with his wife Maria, also a graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts.
He works on commission (often together with his wife), designing graphics, publishing matrials, industrial materials, information systems (also for Poland’s National Parks), outdoor scenography, home furnishings, and small architecture in the Podhale region, as well as in Mexico, England, and France. Jerzy Gruszczyński is a composer of electronic music, the composer of the Malałącka Suite, the Tatra Meditations series, Ecological Suits, and performance music. Since 1994, he has produced a weekly broadcast for the Alex radio station on electronic music. He is also a speleologist and pedagogue - he teaches music, drawing, English and French. In 1980, he co-founded the Zakopane Association of Creative and Scientific Societies. He is the creator of a municipal information system in use since 1980 and a project for systematically organising public spaces in Zakopane and the surrounding region. Jerzy has created various community interest groups. He is a member of the board of the Union of Polish Artists and Zakopane District Artists, a member of the Society for Artistic Education, co-founder and the first president of the Association of Polish El Musicians (electronic music composers and performers).